Maui Whale Watch 1.5 or 2 hours
Maui Whale Watch is the best eye-level whale watching on Maui where we guarantee whale sightings. If we can’t delivery this experience – you go again for FREE!
Encounter humpback whales in the wild on our 2 hour Maui whale watching tours departing from Mala Boat Ramp, Lahaina with an easy check-in at Dive Maui shop located on Front Street. Our Ocean Raft and Monohull are low to the water for eye-level whale viewing and offer a family-style experience with 20 or less passengers onboard. Humpback whales returning to the warm Hawaiian waters every year during the winter months of December through April for their mating and calving season. The majority of them find a home in the calm waters around the island of Maui where they are federally protected. While we cannot approach them closer than 100 yards, the whales often approach our small rafts for those up-close and eye-level whale encounters.
Our whale watch tour includes a full narration of interesting whale and Maui facts by our marine naturalist, listening to whale songs on a hydrophone and lots of photo ops.
Facts and Requirements
- Operates: December – April daily: 7am, 9:30am, 12pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm & 6:20am, 8:50am, 11:20am, 1:35pm, 3:35pm
- Departure Point: Please check in 20 minutes prior the activity Hawaiian Rafting Adventures
- Duration: 1.5 & 2 Hours
- Equipment: Rafting Vessel & Monohull Vessel
- Inclusions: Hydrophone for listening to whale songs. Marine Naturalist Guides will share educational information about Maui and humpback whales.
- What to bring: Bring a hat, sunglasses, reef safe sunscreen or a sun shirt! BYOB ok, just no glass containers. Prepare to get wet! Dress accord- ingly and bring a waterproof bag for personal items. Camera or GoPro to take photos and videos of whales. Gratuity for crew (Venmo accepted!)
- Cancellation: Associated with cancellation fee (terms and conditions), rescheduling 48 hrs. for all reservations, and 72 hrs. for groups of 5 or more. Seven day notice for private charters.
- Restrictions: Due to our style of vessel and activities, no children under 3 on tours, no pregnant or persons with back or neck injuries. Please no spray sunscreen, rub on reef safe sunscreen is welcome! Tours may be canceled or rescheduled by Hawaii Ocean Rafting due to capacity or weather. Humpback whales are in their natural habitat, encounters vary.