Combination Kayak with Snorkeling
All kayak tours are led by expert guides, and last about 2.5 hours. Snorkel gear is also included in the tour price. Kayak Maui’s famed Olowalu coast … and then jump into the Pacific Ocean to snorkel and see an abundance of sea life. Many visitors say our tours were the best part of their Maui experience… We have excellent conditions year round for viewing exotic reef wild life… and people visit from all over the world to see whales migrate through our Hawaiian waters.
In addition to the world-famous reef and whale watching location, the Olowalu area has a rich Hawaiian history that dates back to ancient Hawaii, and we operate the only kayak tour on Maui with a private beachfront location.
Tour will begin with a 15-20 min. orientation to familiarize the customer with the use of the kayak and snorkel equipment. Depending on the assessed skill level of the customer, the guide may practice a few skills in the shallow calm waters prior to taking the group out on the tour.
As soon as everyone is comfortable with their kayak the guide will lead the group through the coral gardens to do some snorkeling for 30-45 minutes. Then, we take the tour north to see a few historic sites along the coast line where we take some time to pay tribute to Olowalu’s rich history and have some snacks. After about 20-25 min. we’re ready to head back out again to do another short snorkeling adventure and head back to base.
(tours vary depending on weather and surf conditions as well as skill level of customers)
Facts and Requirements
- Operates: Daily 8:00 am, 11:00 am and 2:00 pm
- Departure Point: Please check in 15 minutes prior at Olowalu Beach
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Equipment: Kayak and snorkeling equipment, snack and water
- Inclusions: Light snack and bottled water
- Restrictions: minimum 5 years old
- Cancellation: Associated with cancellation fee (terms and conditions), rescheduling 48 hrs. for all reservations, and 72 hrs. for groups of 6 or more.