Be a Pilot to Lanai & Molokai – Two islands with one charge!
You get to fly take off, cruise and approach to landing! See the sea cliffs of Molokai and the glorious waterfalls but first you fly to magnificent Lanai.
Never flown before? That’s OK! On our Be a Pilot to Lanai & Molokai – Two islands with one charge we’ll instruct you on the basics of flying including takeoff and landing. It’s a fantastic experience! Take flight! Your Certified Flight Instructor will introduce you to the excitement of flying. You will take the controls, and not only learn how to take off, cruise, descend and approach to land but get to fly as close as 500′ from the most majestic waterfalls in all of Hawaii.
Of all the places in the world, Bill and Melinda Gates chose to be married here. It’s so beautiful that Larry Ellison chose to buy the whole island! A post-flight debriefing with your instructor over lunch is available.
Facts and Requirements
- Operates: Monday-Sunday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm (times may vary)
- Departure Point: Kahului Airport
- Duration: 3 hours
- Equipment: Cirrus SR22 G3 GTS-X
- Inclusions: Lunch, Round Trip Airfare, Certificate of Flight Training
- Exclusions: None
- Restrictions: Must be at least 8 years old to be a pilot. Flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather & wind. Your safety and comfort is first priority. Minimum 48 hours notice required for refund. For groups of 12 or more minimum cancellation notice is 7 days in advance. Flight routes and sites may vary due to weather conditions
- Cancellation: Associated with cancellation fee (terms and conditions), rescheduling 48 hrs. for all reservations, and 72 hrs. for groups of 6 or more.
Your Personal Certified Flight Instructor.
As a professional Certified Flight Instructor – Instrument (CFII) and former Cirrus Factory Standardized Instructor Pilot (CSIP) with over 5,000 flight hours and nearly 30 years of aviation experience, I have flown Astronauts, taught 8 year old and even an 80 year old grandmother. You can feel confident that I know my airplane and these islands. I have sat on the Board of Commissioners overseeing the State of Hawaii airport system, worked with AOPA and owned the largest regional air carrier serving the Grand Canyon from Southern California. Now, my passion is to share the thrill of flying and the majesty of Hawaii which can only be appreciated through General Aviation.
Each participant receives a Certificate of Flight Training under Federal Aviation Regulations Part § 61.189.