Fly Tandem from Haleakala
An epic flight from Haleakala mountains.
Craving more fresh mountain air? There is no better place in the world to paraglide. Let the professional tandem pilots at Maui elevate your adventure and fly from the world biggest dormant volcano. Fly from Haleakala mountains.
We drive from our meeting area up the side of Mount Haleakala through pasture land and the Haleakala Watershed Preserve forest to our Ferns launch at 6,500 feet elevation. After launching you’ll descend 3,000 feet back down to our Landing Zone. During your flight you will have spectacular bi-coastal views of Maui’s central valley and may be able to see three other Hawaiian islands in the distance. There will be plenty of time for you to take photos and videos with your own phone or small camera. Your instructor will also take inflight photos (included for no extra charge) and give them to you after landing. There will be plenty of altitude for your instructor to smoothly fly you all around the sky and plenty of altitude for those that want a more adrenaline filled flight to experience some high G ‘roller coaster’ maneuvers. Whatever you choose will be the flight plan. Total flight time is approximately 10-12 minutes.
Facts and Requirements:
- Operates: Daily at 7:30 am
- Departure Point: 1100 Waipoli Rd, Kula, HI 96790
- Check-in Time: 15 minutes prior to the flight
- Duration: about 1 1/2 hour, the flight is up to 12 minutes
- Restrictions: For your safety, please do not scuba dive within 24 hours of departure
- Cancelation: Tours are non-refundable within cancellation policy as listed; For parties of 1-7; 72 hrs. of flight time. No refunds or rescheduling within 48hrs of flight time. If we have to cancel your flight due to weather, we will either reschedule you for another day or give you a complete refund.