Around the Island – Deluxe Helicopter Tour
Around the Island – Deluxe Helicopter Tour – Combine West Maui with our Hana Haleakala Special. See all of Maui with its unforgettable hidden valleys, rugged coastline, prehistoric-like jungle vegetation, and spectacular vistas. Maui No Ka Oi, Maui is the best!
Combines the West Maui, Hana, and Haleakala views. West Maui is home to one of the wettest places on earth. Long streaming waterfalls and vibrant green valleys are trademarks of this incredible volcanic wonderland. Weather permitting, highlights include the “Wall of Tears” with over 17 waterfalls flowing at once; Maui’s tallest waterfall, Honokohau Falls, with over 1,100-foot drop. View the resorts of Kaanapali and Kapalua. Take in Old Lahaina Town with its quaint historic whaling harbor. Fly by Launiupoko, Olowalu and Ukumehame valleys. Soar above central Maui’s sugarcane and pineapple fields.
Ascend the world’s largest dormant volcano, “Haleakala” (literally “house of the sun”). Discover its immense moonlike crater with pure iron oxide cinder cones towering over 1,100 feet tall. See Kaupo and Ko’olau Gaps, the huge lava flows from the crater to the sea. Hana’s nearly uninhabited “backside” is home to the “Seven Pools” and Lindberg’s grave. The Hana Rain Forest extends for over 180 square miles along Maui’s northern coast and is the largest tropical rain forest in our nation. Tour includes views of Old Hana Town, Haleakala National Park, Kipahulu, the taro field of Ke’anae, fabulous coastline waterfalls, and the world-famous Ho’okipa windsurfing beach on the return. Whale watching in season.
Open Seating: Up to six passengers, seat assignment determined by weight and balance.
First-Class Seating: Passengers enjoy “First Class” seating next to the pilot, with extra arm and legroom. The maximum combined weight for two passengers on FX STAR First Class is 400 lbs.
Facts and Requirements:
- Operates: Daily at 8:30 am or 1:00 pm.
- Departure Point: Kahului Heliport
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to the flight
- Duration: 60 – 70 minutes
- Children’s: Under 2 held in parents lap are FREE
- Restrictions: Flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather. Any single passenger weighing 240lbs or more on the Fxstar will be required to purchase a comfort seat. The charge for a comfort seat is the full retail rate. You will be weighed at check-in (if the given weight is substantially lower than your actual weight, you may get bumped from the flight and you still have to pay for the seat).
- Cancellation: Associated with cancellation fee (terms and conditions), rescheduling 48 hrs. for all reservations, and 72 hrs. for groups of 6 or more.