Hana & Haleakala – Helicopter Tour
Hana & Haleakala – Helicopter Tour – This Tour offers generous views of Haleakala’s magnificent crater, travels through Maui’s most remote areas with views of Hana Town, the Seven Pools, fabulous coastline waterfalls, and world-famous Ho’okipa windsurfing beach on the return.
Climb above central Maui and ascend the world’s largest dormant volcano, “Haleakala” (literally “house of the sun”). Discover its immense moonlike crater with pure iron oxide cinder cones towering over 1,100 feet tall. See Kaupo and Ko’olau Gaps, the huge lava flows from the crater to the sea. Hana’s nearly uninhabited “backside” is home to the “Seven Pools” and Lindberg’s grave. The Hana Rain Forest extends for over 180 square miles along Maui’s northern coast and is the largest tropical rain forest in our nation. Tour includes views of Old Hana Town, Haleakala National Park, Kipahulu, the taro field of Ke’anae, fabulous coastline waterfalls, and the world-famous Ho’okipa windsurfing beach on the return. Whale watching when in season
Open Seating: Up to six passengers, seat assignment determined by weight and balance. First-Class Seating: Passengers enjoy “First Class” seating next to the pilot, with extra arm and legroom. The maximum combined weight for two passengers on FX STAR First Class is 400 lbs.
Facts and Requirements:
- Operates: Daily.
- Departure Point: Kahului Heliport
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to the flight
- Duration: 40 – 50 minutes
- Children’s: under 2 held in parents lap are FREE
- Restrictions: Flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather. Any single passenger weighing 240lbs or more on the Fxstar will be required to purchase a comfort seat. The charge for a comfort seat is a full retail rate. No scuba diving 24 hours prior to departure. • Children: A child under 24 months of age may fly at no charge and must sit on an adult’s lap. Please provide the child’s weight at the time of booking. Children 2 yrs. and older must occupy a seat with the seat belt on and are charged full fare.
- Cancelation: Associated with cancellation fee (terms and conditions), rescheduling 48 hrs. for all reservations, and 72 hrs. for groups of 6 or more.
Maui originated over two million years ago by one extinct volcano “the West Maui Mountains” and one dormant volcano “Haleakala” raising 10,023 feet above sea level. Observe triple canopy tropical rain forests with vibrant green valleys. Glide over rugged towering sea cliffs along the windward coasts (Molokai has the world’s tallest sea cliffs). Hover next to towering, plunging waterfalls and hidden valleys.