Harley Davidson Motorcycle Guided Tour to Hana
Full Day Hana Harley Davidson motorcycle guided ride
Road to Hana is a ride that everyone wants to experience. Winding roads stretching endlessly into the horizon, miles of lush tropical rainforests and beautiful waterfalls at every turn, narrow one lane bridges, plunging pools and dramatic seascape. Imagine all that from top a motorcycle saddle. Enjoy your bike ride with us on a Harley Guided Tour. The best bike adventure on Maui!
Our journey starts and ends in Kahului. Once we greet you in front of the HD store, you pick up your bike. You have the option to rent it for 24 hours or longer. Our guided journey is about 10 hours long. You might consider renting the bike for more than just a day and discover other places of the island on a self-guided tour later on.
After a brief orientation we take off. Going east as we continue on the infamous road to Hana, we cross a little hippie town Paia. The Road to Hana is world famous for the natural beauty of its unblemished landscapes and towering waterfalls. It is also called the “Divorce Highway”, because it has caused quite a few arguments among some couples. Don’t worry; it’s not going to happen to you, since you are not sharing a vehicle 😉 Once we get to Hana town, we take a break and recharge our energy during lunch in a local restaurant. Once rested and refueled we continue our journey.
Pushing the limits we continue through 52 miles of winding tiny roads with 617 hair pin curves and 56 narrow one lane bridges through a tropical rainforest which might be full of surprises. We pass by several famous Hana waterfalls, taste local Banana bread, take pictures of Black sand beach, and the Seven sacred pools.
During the ride, the road demands your attention as you enter the unpaved areas. While leaving the dust behind, open the throttle and enjoy beautiful and smooth scenery ride through Kaupo area, Tedeshi winery and Kula upcountry all the way back to Kahului.
- Tour Reservations: Reservations are necessary, and advance reservations strongly recommended, as tours often sell out in busy times, and group size is limited for safety and quality. To avoid disappointment and maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, make a reservation at least 2 days in advance online or by phone
- CHECK IN POINT: meet your guide in Kahului, Park n’ ride (Intersection of Highways 350 & 380) *SEE DETAILS BELOW
- CHECK IN TIME: 8:45 am
- TOUR DURATION: 8-9 hour
- INCLUDES: Our guide and bottled water
- NOT INCLUDED: Bike rental (needs to be paid separately based on the rent length and bike model, see below*) Gratuity for your guide is not included in the price, but tips are greatly appreciated for a job well done! See example below;
*Dyna, Softail, VRSC Touring Models
1-2 Days $139.00 per Day (24hr) $159.00 per Day (24hr)
- WHAT TO WEAR: Helmet is provided with a bike rental. Maui weather can change in an instant, so watch the forecast and wear appropriate rain wear if needed. Long sleeve T-Shirt or extra Hoodie is good idea, long pants and good, comfortable shoes is mandatory. Gloves if preferred. Sun visor/cap and sunglasses are handy, as well as insect repellent. Apply or bring sunscreen.
- EXTRA: GoPro camera rental with an 8 GB memory card for you to take home (additional payment required). You can get professionally edited DVD or Blu-Ray as well – please let us know in advance.
- WHAT TO BRING: A camera is a must-have – You can bring yours, but our guide will have one of the best Sony HD 20Mp cameras to take pictures of you and your group. The printed pictures or Photo CD/USB card will be available for purchase. Often overlooked, but what a difference a smile and a sunny mood makes, not only for you and your guide, but for the others on the tour. Let’s have fun and enjoy each other’s company on our ride! An extra bottle of water or juice is not a bad idea; our guide will have bottled water also available! Bring snacks if desired (no tobacco products please).
- REQUIREMENT AND CANCELLATION: 72 Hour Cancellation Policy. All riders must be 21 and up with a valid motorcycle license. Group and private rides are available upon request. Expecting mothers and those with serious medical conditions as well as those with prior back and neck injuries are not permitted to participate. Rescheduling 72 hr for all reservations.
Motorcycle guided tours:
Stardust Hawaii professionally guided motorcycle tours and the only Harley Davidson tours on Maui.
Definition: a Motorcycle Guided Tour is a tour where your tour guide is the #1 rider in your group and leads the rest of the group along the route. The Tour guide is in constant visual contact with each other to ensure that nobody in the group will get lost and have access to water supply at all time
- Tour Safety:Safety is paramount, and your guide is well-versed in Maui laws and traffic patterns. Here are some pointers:Bikes follow the same traffic rules as other motorists, including obeying signs and signals. Helmets are required during the tour. Bikes are not allowed to ride into or through grass park areas or beaches.
- The Park & Ride meeting location is along a large concrete wall with a single row of parking facing Hwy 380 west of Hwy 311 just before entering Kahului.
- GPS – No physical address, but it is at the Intersection of Highways 350 & 380.
- Exact coordinates: 20 degrees, 52 minutes, 30 seconds north, 156 degrees, 27 minutes, 43 seconds west
From Wailea / Makena / Kihei – the South side of the island
- Highway 31 (Pi’ilani Highway) – head north.
- Follow airport signs to Kahului, bearing right onto Hwy 311.
- After 10 minutes, look for big church (King’s Cathedral), then move into left lane.
- Turn left onto Hwy 380 (Kuihelani Hwy).
- Go 200 yards and turn right into “Park n’ Ride” commuter lot.
- Park your car against a concrete block wall.
From Lahaina /Ka’anapali /Kapalua – the West side of the island
- Head south on Highway 30 as if you’re going to Kahului Airport.
- Turn right onto Hwy 380.
- Five miles down 380 there’s a concrete block wall on left.
- Turn left across highway into Park n’ Ride commuter lot against that wall.
SEE Motorcycle guided tours: