Stand up Paddle lessons in Lahaina
is easy to learn in one lesson and is amazing for building and strengthening balance, core, posture, circulation, breathing, relaxation, and discovering a new mode of water transportation. The Stand-up Paddle lessons in Lahaina presented in this course will give you a solid foundation and allow you to make rapid progress in the sport.
We’ll teach you in the beautiful reef protected blue-water lagoon adjacent to our surf safari shop location. The crystal-clear coral laden waters provide an idyllic flat-water playground for learning and recreation. When you combine this with our reputed Olympic Caliber instruction, your success and fun is guaranteed. Instruction will cover a thorough introduction to SUP boards and paddles and match you with the best equipment possible for your lesson. Emphasis on safety is a priority. We will cover the fundamentals of paddle and stroke technique, board control, navigation, and ocean condition assessment on the beach and in the shallows. Next, you will embark out onto the lagoon to practice, learn, and explore. Your instructor will be close and guide you as you improve your newfound skills and enjoy the amazing views of local marine life and mountain island seascapes.
Choose between a Group or Private, Semi-Private lessons based on your needs.
Facts and Requirements:
- Operates: Mon-Sat 7:00 am – 1:00 pm, Sunday closed. Best early, due to winds.
- Departure Point: 505 Front Street, Lahaina Check-in time is always 30 minutes prior to class time.
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Equipment: All the equipment necessary for the lesson, including the surfboard, reef shoes, and a lycra surf shirt. Please have all students bring their swimsuit, towel, and sunblock.
- Inclusions: Use of the gear and instruction.
- Exclusions: Swimsuit, towel, and sunblock
- Restrictions: Children 9 and under, we require them to be in a private lesson, must know how to swim. Please be prepared before your class with a non-drowsy seasickness medicine if necessary.
- Cancellation: Associated with cancellation fees (terms and conditions).