Group Surf Lesson – Surf in Ukumehame
Group Surf Lesson – Surf in Ukumehame – the more, the merrier. Our group lessons gives the entire family a chance to share the fun of surfing in a safe and comfortable environment. Our instructors are trained for a groups of up to six, ensuring water safety as well as personal instruction and support during the lesson.
The lesson will focus on water-safety, proper technique, surfing style and etiquette, and will assure that you are in the water almost right away. The instruction will be authentic Maui-style “chill,” intertwined with a thoughtful focus on meeting your surfing goals. We guarantee that you will stand up, catch a wave, and depart the beach with a new designation – surfer.
Your personalized surf lesson includes a 10-15 minute water safety briefing, a demonstration on paddling techniques, tips on how to get into waves, and of course, how to stand up, and stay up! We want you to feel as comfortable as possible on your surfboard prior to getting in the water, so this briefing also gives you time to ask any questions you may have about surfing. After paddling out to the break together, your surf instructor will be there to coach and guide you into the waves. Their focus in the water will be on your safety as well as proper wave etiquette, surfing style, and technique.
Facts and Requirements
- Operates: Monday-Saturday: 8:00 am, 10:30 am, 1:00 pm
- Departure Point: Ukumehame beach park
- Check-in time: 10-15 min prior to the lesson
- Duration: 2 hours
- Inclusions: Expertly trained surf instructor, a long sleeved, SPF 150 rash guard, surf shoes, and a state-of-the-art beginner soft-top board
- Exclusion: Please be sure to bring a bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, water and a camera, if desired.
- Restrictions: 9 years and older, must know how to swim.
- Cancellation: Associated with cancellation fee (terms and conditions), rescheduling 48 hrs. for all reservations, and 72 hrs. for groups of 6 or more.
All surf instructors are CPR and First Aid certified and maintain consistent training. Your safety is our number one priority! Ages 3 & up welcome. Students use safe, soft-top surfboards. Fiberglass surfboard rentals may be available for experienced surfers. Additional fees will apply. Please inquire in advance.