Be a Pilot to Molokai – You ride a plane!
You get to fly take off, cruise and approach to landing! See the sea cliffs of Molokai and the glorious waterfalls
Never flown before? That’s OK! Be a Pilot to Molokai – You ride a plane is the perfect fit for you. We’ll instruct you on the basics of flying including takeoff and landing. It’s a fantastic experience! Take flight! Your Certified Flight Instructor will introduce you to the excitement of flying. You will take the controls, and not only learn how to take off, cruise, descend and approach to land but get to fly as close as 500′ from the most majestic waterfalls in all of Hawaii.
Two flight paths to choose from:
- “Double Waterfall” (see them from left side then a U-turn and view them from the right side) or
- “The Cliff Drop” – south shore Molokai, then fly 500′ over the terrain at nearly 180 knots.
Facts and Requirements
- Operates: Monday-Sunday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm (times may vary)
- Departure Point: Kahului Airport
- Duration: 1 hour
- Equipment: Cirrus SR22 G3 GTS-X
- Inclusions: Round Trip Airfare, Certificate of Flight Training
- Restrictions: Must be at least 8 years old to be a pilot. Flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather & wind. Flight routes and sites may vary due to weather conditions.
- Cancellation: Associated with cancellation fee (terms and conditions), rescheduling 48 hrs. for all reservations, and 7 days for groups of 6 or more.
Your Personal Certified Flight Instructor.
As a professional Certified Flight Instructor – Instrument (CFII) and former Cirrus Factory Standardized Instructor Pilot (CSIP) with over 5,000 flight hours and nearly 30 years of aviation experience, I have flown Astronauts, taught 8 year olds and even an 80 year old grandmother. You can feel confident that I know my airplane and these islands. I have sat on the Board of Commissioners overseeing the State of Hawaii airport system, worked with AOPA and owned the largest regional air carrier serving the Grand Canyon from Southern California. Now, my passion is to share the thrill of flying and the majesty of Hawaii which can only be appreciated through General Aviation. Each participant receives a Certificate of Flight Training under Federal Aviation Regulations Part § 61.189.