Motorcycle Adventure Haleakala Volcano Ride
Haleakala Volcano Motorcycle ride
Ever wanted to ride UP a volcano on a motorcycle? Haleakala Crater is Maui’s largest mountain at 10,000 ft above sea level and boasts completely out of the world terrain and views. It looks more like the moon than earth. Our dual sport Motorcycle Adventure Haleakala Volcano Ride begins in Kahului at sea level and climbs Haleakala heading into serene upcountry.
From here we head up Poli Poli winding up extreme hairpin turns while rapidly gaining elevation. These roads are a motorcyclist dream and are only complimented by the unique views. At about 6000 ft the road turns to dirt and the terrain changes from country side fields and forests to volcanic cinder and lava rock. The road continues to zigzag up the mountain showcasing unbelievable views of Lanai, Molokini and even Big Island. You will truly think you have landed on Mars but get to explore it on a motorcycle! Off-road experience is required for this adventure. Come see what few locals even get to experience on this tour up the backside of Haleakala. Group and private rides are available upon request. Don’t worry about food and drink, because you’ll get a camel back to keep you hydrated for the entire tour, along with lunch and snacks.
Facts and Requirements:
- CHECK IN POINT: 375 W Kuiaha Rd
- CHECK IN TIME: Tuesday – Sunday at 9:00 am
- TOUR DURATION: 4+ hours
- INCLUDES: Motorcycle gear, helmet, boots, pants and jersey, sandwich and water
- EXTRA: Go Pro camera with 16GB card (additional payment required)
- REQUIREMENT AND CANCELLATION: Adventure rides are for riders 18 and up with a valid motorcycle license. 72 Hour Cancellation Policy. All riders must be 18 and up with a valid motorcycle license. Group and private rides are available upon request. Don’t worry about food and drink, because you’ll get a Camel bak to keep you hydrated for the entire tour, along with lunch and snacks. Expecting mothers and those with serious medical conditions as well as those with prior back and neck injuries are not permitted to participate.