Hike to Haleakala Crater
Grandeur, majesty, vastness. Haleakala’s energy is intense and ethereal, and it’s absolutely silent.
Hike to Haleakala Crater is hiking into both ends of Haleakala; each environment is very different from the other, so both should be experienced for a full Crater picture. Two-mile hike at 8,000 ft. on a lava trail lined with rare native plant species. Another two-mile hike at the 10,000-foot summit where huge cinder cones dominate the desert-like, expansive scenery. Views stretch for miles in all directions. Lunch and snacks included.Visiting Maui is not complete without experiencing Haleakala Crater—a magnificent amphitheater of silence, and a place of beauty that always evokes awe. Our crater tour offers an adventure through two very different environments high up on this dormant volcano. On a clear day, it seems you can see forever.
- Level: moderate
- Availability: only on Thursday
- Duration: 8:00am – 3:30pm approximately
- Length: 4 miles
- Age restriction: minimum 8 years old
- Check-in point: Kahului, Park n’ ride (Intersection of Highways 350 & 380)
- Included: Backpack, rain gear, bug repellent, water, snacks and lunch
- What to Wear: Wear clothing in layers, Sneakers, Hat, Sunscreen
- What to Bring: Camera, Cash, if you wish to tip your guide