X-treme Rappel Waterfall Adventure
Ready to “level up?” If you’re a thrill-seeker who likes to push the envelope, or if you’re a Rappel Maui alumnus who wants to tweak the vacation tradition, the Zip Rappel Tour takes the action to new extremes. This extended tour is a 6 1/2 to 8-hour experience (including transportation).
You’ll make as many as 4 advanced drops of up to 110 feet, including waterfall rappels and a “zip rappel” or “guided rappel” through free space, past a waterfall, that ends with an exhilarating water landing.
We’ll provide you with comfortable transportation from central Maui to the rappel site, located an hour down the famous Hana Highway. Minimum age 14; all participants must weight between 80 lbs and 230 lbs. Not recommended for guests over the age of 65.
See half the famous Hana Highway during the ride to the activity site–a 30-acre botanical garden where you gear up with the pros in top-rated equipment including footwear, harness, backpack, flotation jacket and helmet.
Hike a short distance on private rain forest valley trails to a 50-foot waterfall.
After briefing and demonstration from your guides, you’ll practice your technique down a 40- to 50-foot descent that you can repeat.
Take a guided rappel off the edge of a 50-foot waterfall cliff, and then a “zip” through free space 80 feet across the canyon over the water with a “splash down” into a deep pool.
Rappel another waterfall, then take on a 35-foot rock climb up the face of the falls (weather and water permitting.)
Finish big with a 110-foot dry rappel down the “Savage Ridge,” or repeat the zip rappel, depending on conditions.
If long periods of heavy rains or severe weather cause high or swift water or raging falls, we modify the itinerary and use rappel stations that are a safe distance from the water course.
The hike back to the top is a well-maintained trail under a cool canopy of plants, ferns and trees. Use the anchored ropes as hand railings, and stop to rest, take photos and drink water when necessary. You’ll do a total of one mile of hiking with a total elevation gain of about 400 feet.
Facts and Requirements
- Departure Point: Ma’alaea Park n’ Ride
- Operates: Wednesday and Saturday only
- Duration: 6 to 8 Hours
- Check-in Time: 9:30 am
- Age restriction: 14 and up
- Equipment: State of the Art rappel equipment
- Inclusions: Use of Helmet, ropes and carabiners
- Menu: Veggie or turkey wrap, fresh pineapple and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies
- Exclusions: Observer-Hiker – Those who wish to do the hiking portion of our tour, but who choose not to rappel (or cannot rappel due to restrictions), should select this option.
- Restrictions: All participants must weight between 80 lbs and 230 lbs. Not recommended for guests over the age of 65. If you cancel 48 hours or more prior to the date of the event, you will receive a full refund less a 10% cancellation fee. If you cancel within 48 hours for any reason, you will receive no refund, unless we can replace you. If Stardust Hawaii cancels (which we do for dangerous weather), you will receive a full 100% refund.
Please let us know your Name, Age and Weight during a checkout.