Ulalena Show in Lahaina Maui theatre
In fact, you can only see Ulalena Show in Lahaina Maui theatre on Maui! You’ll be swept away on the same journey as the Hawaiian people – from the creation of the islands to the early island explorers. So, you’ll visit volcanoes, vast oceans and primeval rain forests while meeting the Gods who rule each.
A family-friendly & award-winning show, Ulalena blends traditional theatre with acrobatic feats of strength and beauty. Together, the rich costumes, lighting and stage effects transform the Maui Theatre into an intimate oasis. Expect to be mesmerized by ‘Ulalena from beginning to end. Ulalena is a wind unique to Maui, as said in the Kumulipo, an ancient Hawaiian creation chant, as well as a red-yellow colored rain revealed by the twilight. Like a soft wind in the mist of light.
Ulalena invites each spectator to a place of wonder. “It is often said that life is a journey, an individual voyage which does not necessarily involve change of place. One is changed by events and the passage of time.” (Eugenio Barba, The Paper Canoe, A Guide to Theatre Anthropology). Ulalena explores relationships between people, nature and mythology. The use of metaphors integrates Hawaiian chants and dances, original music and choreography, lighting and projections to support the talents of unique performers. Ulalena is a journey where the moment to moment excitement of self-discovery is the destination.
- Operates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday& Friday – Doors Open at 4:30 pm – Show Starts at 5:00 pm (days can vary with season)
- Departure Point: Maui Theatre in the Old Lahaina Center, 878 Front Street, Lahaina
- Duration: 90-minute show
- Inclusions: PARKING across the street at Lahaina Center, (behind Hilo Hatties) BRING your Parking Stub for up to 4 hours validation.
- Restrictions: No photography allowed during show.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Associated with cancellation fee (terms and conditions), rescheduling 48 hr for all reservations, and 72 hours for groups of 6 or more.
There are different options of seating for the Ulalena show in Maui. See picture for details.