Submarine Tour Adventure
Marvel at Maui’s unique underwater paradise aboard a high-tech 48-passenger submarine, as featured in National Geographic television specials. Guests view the unique fascinating natural coral reefs, fish and marine life in air-conditioned comfort and safety. NEW! Artificial Reef Added to Sub Tour Experience!
Submarine Tour Adventure is the biggest attraction on Maui is more than 100 ft. below the ocean. Atlantis Submarines is your ticket to see it. Take an once-in-a-lifetime undersea adventure in an Atlantis Submarine, the world’s first and most technologically advanced passenger submarine. You will journey into a spectacular blue world more than 100 feet below the surface in spacious air-conditioned comfort. To enhance its sub tour experience and help improve the marine environment, Submarine Tour Adventure embarked on creating an artificial reef in December 2005 by sinking the aged Carthaginian replica of a 19th century supply vessel. The sunken Carthaginian, which needed major repairs and would have been scuttled at sea otherwise, is anchored to a sandy bottom in 95 feet of water that is devoid of coral reef. The resulting artificial reef will develop into a self-sustaining habitat for indigenous fish, coral and other marine life. Join us aboard the Submarine Tour Adventure in Maui to witness the new resting home of the Carthaginian. From December through May, Atlantis guests may enjoy whale watching during the ship-to-shore journey. All tours provide narration in Japanese, Chinese and Korean via headsets. Reservations for this tour are highly recommended.
Facts and Requirements:
- Operates: Daily 9:00 am, 10:00 am, 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm – check-in 30 min prior to departure time.
- Departure Point: Please check in first at Atlantis located in the Pioneer Inn 658 Wharf Street office facing Front Street – Departs Lahaina Harbor Slip 18.
- Duration: Tour time is 1 hour and 50 minutes. Actual underwater tour time is 45 minutes.
- Equipment: 65 foot air-conditioned submarine with 26 large, 2 foot diameter side view ports and one extra large 53″ front view port.
- Inclusions: 10 min boat ride to and from the Submarine which is kept off shore. Underwater time is approx 45 min with full experience approx 2 hrs.
- Restrictions: Children must be 36 inches or taller and all passengers must be physically capable of ascending and descending a near vertical ladder.
- Cancellation: Associated with cancellation fee (terms and conditions), rescheduling 48 hrs. for all reservations, and 72 hrs. for groups of 6 or more.