Private Surf Lesson for Two
The semi-private lesson (private lesson for two), which is formatted for two people is a perfect way to learn surfing techniques with someone by your site. While you will have an ample amount of individual attention during this session having someone by your site to share your surfing experience with will make it that much more memorable.
The lesson will focus on water-safety, proper technique, surfing style and etiquette, and will assure that you are in the water almost right away. The instruction will be authentic Maui-style “chill,” intertwined with a thoughtful focus on meeting your surfing goals. We guarantee that you will stand up, catch a wave, and depart the beach with a new designation – surfer.
Your personalized surf lesson includes a 10-15 minute water safety briefing, a demonstration on paddling techniques, tips on how to get into waves, and of course, how to stand up, and stay up! We want you to feel as comfortable as possible on your surfboard prior to getting in the water, so this briefing also gives you time to ask any questions you may have about surfing. After paddling out to the break together, your surf instructor will be there to coach and guide you into the waves. Their focus in the water will be on your safety as well as proper wave etiquette, surfing style, and technique.
Facts and Requirements:
- Operates: Daily from 7:30, 9:20, 11:10 am
- Departure Point: Mile Marker 19 off Highway 30 (Honopi’ilani Highway) just 5-10 minutes south of Lahaina between Puamana park and Launiupoko park
- Check-in time: 10-15 min prior to the lesson
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Inclusions: Expertly trained surf instructor, a long sleeved, SPF 150 rash guard, surf shoes, and a state-of-the-art beginner soft-top board
- Exclusion: Please be sure to bring a bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, water and a camera, if desired.
- Restrictions: Must be able to swim
All surf instructors are CPR and First Aid certified and maintain consistent training. Your safety is our number one priority! Ages 3 & up welcome. Students use safe, soft-top surfboards. Fiberglass surfboard rentals may be available for experienced surfers. Additional fees will apply. Please inquire in advance. Lessons must be cancelled 48-hours prior to lesson start time or you will be charged full-price for the lesson.