Rappel waterfall adventure
Looking for unusual and exciting adventure? Why not rappel into Maui valleys, dropping down waterfalls into pristine and powerful nature? We would like to invite you to go deeper into nature in the most hands-on, sensational way possible. Learn to walk down walls of water and rock. Take this “walk on the wild side”–it’s Maui’s boldest and most genuine adventure. You’ll gear up in top-rated equipment, the same as your guides, and then “learn the ropes” by practicing basic rappelling on a 60-foot jungle cliff. After that, the 50-foot waterfall is next. Your third “rap” is a 30-foot waterfall as you continue your descent into Maui’s natural nooks and niches. It’s wild!
We’ll provide you with transportation from central Maui to the rappel site, a privately-owned property located an hour down the famous Hana Highway that promises one of the most exclusive and intimate rainforest and waterfall experiences on Maui, “The Valley Isle.” Drive half the famous Hana Highway with our skillful and knowledgeable guides. Destination: a 26-acre botanical garden where you gear up like a pro in equipment that can handle thousands of pounds. Hike a short distance on private rain forest valley trails. After a “show ‘n tell” with your guides, train to use your harness and rope on a ridge overlooking the valley. Then, a 60-foot dry rappel down a jungle wall – this is where you learn and practice until you get it right. Take a 50-foot waterfall rappel into a large, natural pool. Descend the 30-foot waterfall, technically more difficult, but you’re in the groove now. Time permitting, do the 30-foot again.
- Departure Point: Park n’ Ride (Intersection of Highways 310 & 30)
- Operates: Daily 8:00 am & 11:30 am
- Duration: 6 Hours
- Check-in Time: 7:45 am and 11:15 am
- Equipment: State of the Art rappel equipment
- Inclusions: Use of Helmet, ropes and carabiners
- Menu: Veggie or turkey wrap, fresh pineapple and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies
- Exclusions: Observer-Hiker – Those who wish to do the hiking portion of our tour, but who choose not to rappel (or cannot rappel due to restrictions), should select this option.
- Restrictions: If you cancel 48 hours or more prior to the date of the event, you will receive a full refund less a 10% cancellation fee. If you cancel within 48 hours for any reason, you will receive no refund, unless we can replace you. If Stardust Hawaii cancels (which we do for dangerous weather), you will receive a full 100% refund.