Molokini Snorkel Experience
Molokini Snorkel Experience is some of the best in all of Hawaii and has been contently voted as a top reef snorkel site. Even the back side of the crater is considered, to be one the 10 best dive spots in the world.
Located just a few miles off Maui’s rugged Makena coast, lies the alluring, sunken volcanic crater of Molokini. Only three sheltered volcanic calderas still exist, with Molokini being one of them. Here the crystal-clear tropical waters are home to an array of fish and other unique species of marine-life that all seek shelter inside this beautiful crater.
Due to the protective shelter the crate provides, snorkeling at Molokini is extremely safe. Our trusty crew is always available, both inside and outside the water, to assist and make sure you get the most out of your snorkel experience.
This volcanic crater formed some 230,000 years ago. What you see today is the remains of a giant center cone that rose above the surface. Many cones never break the surface of the water, thus adding to distinctiveness of Molokini Crater. Water-erosion and sinking over time has created the familiar crescent shaped landmark we know and love today. History shows this was a fishing ground to ancient Hawaiians. Today, Molokini Crater is a carefully protected Marine Life Conservation District, and is declared a Hawaii State Seabird Sanctuary.
- Operates: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm Check-in 1:15 pm
- Departure Point: Maalaea Harbor, slip #72
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Equipment: 47 foot sailing catamaran, snorkel gear included
- Inclusions: hors d’ouvres, beverages including beer & wine.
- Restrictions: Kids sail 1/2 price. Children 3 and under sail FREE. Limited to 38 passengers per trip. Bring a light jacket or sweater
- Cancellation: Associated with cancellation fee (terms and conditions), rescheduling 48 hrs. for all reservations, and 72 hrs. for groups of 6 or more.