Haleakala Sunrise Tour – Bike in Maui
Haleakala Sunrise Tour – Bike in Maui – Your tours begins with hotel pick-up and we’ll transport you to the 10,023 foot summit of Haleakala National Park. During the spectacular guided van tour to the Summit of Haleakala your Maui bike tour guides will provide clients with a history of Haleakala, its geology and an explanation of rare plants and animals only found on Maui. Upon arrival at the House of the Sun Visitors Center, clients will be escorted to the rim of Haleakala Crater and allowed to view into the world’s largest dormant volcano. Your Maui bike tour proceeds to the 6,500 foot level of Mt. Haleakala. This is where our Maui sunrise bike tours clients are expertly fitted to their individual bicycles, given helmets, adjustments made etc. We then begin your Maui Haleakala downhill bike ride, continuing down through the switchbacks, Haleakala Ranch, and Kula. This fun and exciting one of a kind Maui sunrise bike tours continues through the towns of Makawao, Paia and down to the Pacific Ocean ending at Paia Bay Beach Park.
- Operates: Daily, pick up starts around 2:00 am-3:00 am (times are subject to change seasonal) return to your location around Noon time.
- Departure Point: Pick up and return from most hotels, condos or cruise ship. Pick up starts around 2:00 am-3:00 am (times are subject to change seasonal)
- Duration: Approximately 8 hours.
- Equipment: Columbia Sportswear windbreaker pants and jacket, gloves, helmet and state of the art Volcano Chrome Cruiser Bikes.
- Inclusions: Breakfast at our base-yard office. Free round trip transportation to and from your hotel or cruise ship, continental breakfast, Columbia Sportswear windbreaker pants and jacket, gloves, helmet and state of the art Volcano Chrome Cruiser Bikes.
- Menu: Coffee, juice, pastry
- Restrictions: 72 Hour Cancellation Policy. Must be at least 12 years old and 5 foot tall, no more than 280 lbs and no pregnant women. No Scuba Diving the day before the ride or anyone with Medical Problems relating to a 10,000 foot elevation. Anyone who is not capable of safely riding a bicycle is welcome to ride in the escort van. For passengers that may be joining their family members on the bike ride, but may not be interested in biking themselves, we offer an Upcountry Van tour in conjunction with the bike ride. Please check our Reservations/Activities page to learn more about the Haleakala / Upcountry Van Tour for Sunrise or Day tours.