Haleakala downhill – Self Guided Bike Tour
Haleakala downhill – Self Guided Bike Tour – If freedom and independence are your thing when choosing your Maui activities. We have our Haleakala Self-Guided Maui bike tour available for your pleasure. The longest unguided Maui bike tour on the island at approximately 26 miles. Our clients meet our tour guides 7:30am at our office in Makawao (see below departure point). The Self Guided Bike Tour begins with a guided van tour from our office in Hailiimaile in route to the entrance of Haleakala National Park. You will begin your self paced Nox 6,500 feet downhill through Haleakala Ranch, Kula, Makawao and finishing at our office in Haliimaile located on the Northshore of Maui.
We provide transportation to the entrance of Haleakala National Park.
Upon completion of your bike ride, shuttle service back to Starbucks Coffee Shop will be provided. Departure times from Paia Bay Beach Park are 1:30 pm, and 2:30 pm. Riders arriving to Paia after 2:30 p.m. will be charged a $20.00 per person transportation fee.
- Operates: Daily, pick up starts around 7:30am
- Departure Point: 890 Haliimaile Ave, Haliimaile
- Duration: Approximately 6 hours.
- Equipment: Columbia Sportswear windbreaker pants and jacket, gloves, helmet and state of the art Volcano Chrome Cruiser Bikes.
- Inclusions: Transportation to the entrance of Haleakala National Park, Volcano Chrome Cruiser bikes, Full Face Helmets, Backpack, Columbia Sportswear windbreaker pant& jacket.
- Menu: Coffee, Juice, light snacks
- Restrictions: 72 Hour Cancellation Policy. Must be at least 12 years old and 5 foot tall, no more than 280 lbs and no pregnant women. No Scuba Diving the day before the ride or anyone with Medical Problems relating to a 10,000 foot elevation. Anyone who is not capable of safely riding a bicycle is welcome to ride in the escort van.For passengers that may be joining their family members on the bike ride, but may not be interested in biking themselves, we offer an Upcountry Van tour in conjunction with the bike ride. Please check our Reservations/Activities page to learn more about the Haleakala / Upcountry Van Tour for Sunrise or Day tours.