Haleakala Day Biking Tour on Maui
The Haleakala Day Biking Tour on Maui begins at Riders Base yard in Hailiimaile where you watch the safety video and have a continental breakfast and begin our guided van tour of Maui to the Summit of Haleakala National Park. Our Haleakala Day bike tour Guides will provide clients with an extensive history of Haleakala National Park, its geology and an explanation of the rare plants and animals only found on Maui. Upon arrival at the House of the Sun Visitors Center, guests can go to the rim of Haleakala Crater to view into the world’s largest dormant volcano and beyond to the big island of Hawaii. The Maui day bike tour then proceeds to the 6,500 foot level of Mt.Haleakala. Their clients are expertly fitted to their bicycles, given helmets and begin their 26-mile bike ride down the slopes of Haleakala, continuing through the switchbacks of Haleakala Ranch the upcountry town of Kula, Makawao and ending at the beachside town of Paia. Along the way, the Maui day bike tour stops at Kula Lavender Farm in Kula for a NO-HOST lunch.
- Operates: Daily, Check-in starts at 7:30am
- Departure Point: Riders Base yard in Hailiimaile
- Duration: Approximately 8 hours.
- Equipment: Columbia Sportswear windbreaker pants and jacket, gloves, helmet and state of the art Volcano Chrome Cruiser Bikes.
- Inclusions: Breakfast at our base-yard office, Volcano Chrome Cruiser bike with drum brakes to handle the downhill ride, Bell helmet, Granola bars, Water.
- What should I bring with me?
Aside from extra layers of clothing, you may want to bring: Sunglasses and/or prescription glasses, Sunscreen, Camera. You can bring a backpack with you that will be stored in the van. This will carry all the necessary items you may need and can easily store additional layers of clothing or any purchases you make along the way.
- Restrictions: 5 Days Cancellation Policy. Must be at least 12 years old and 4′ 10″ tall, no more than 280 lbs and no pregnant women. No Scuba Diving the day before the ride or anyone with Medical Problems relating to a 10,000-foot elevation. Anyone who is not capable of safely riding a bicycle is welcome to ride in the escort van. For passengers that may be joining their family members on the bike ride, but may not be interested in biking themselves, we offer an Upcountry Van tour in conjunction with the bike ride. Please check our Reservations/Activities page to learn more about the Haleakala / Upcountry Van Tour for Sunrise or Day tours.