About 4 or 5 Side by Side – Upcountry Zipline
4 or 5 Side by Side – Upcountry Zipline – At check-in of 4 or 5 Zip Line – Maui Upcountry you’ll be outfitted with a helmet, harness and trolley for ziplining and have a short safety briefing. You will then cross a 317-foot suspension bridge to the base of Tower 1, where your safety briefing continues. For those on the 4-line tour, your Zipline Four is 725 feet and takes you across a wide gulch back to the check-in area where you started. Zipline Four for those guests on a 5-line tour takes you to the second landing of the Tango Tower walkway where you zip 1,420 feet to the base of Piiholo Hill. For Zipline Five a ranch vehicle then transports you to the top of the hill for the 2,800 foot Grand Finale from one of the most beautiful places in Upcountry Maui.
All guests must be capable of moderate to advanced physical activity, carry a 12 pound trolley, grip handlebars, and be able to walk over uneven, muddy terrain, as well as ascend and descend steeply-inclined terrain and/or short climbs.
4 Line Zip – Our 4-line zipline tour offers almost 2 hours of thrilling fun as you zip over trees, gulches and green ranch land on the slopes of Haleakala. Going 2 at a time, side-by-side on our dual-line course, you’ll zip 4 unique lines ranging from 420 feet to over 1,000 feet long, and at heights ranging from 42 feet to almost 200 feet above the ground! Don’t forget to take in the beautiful mountain and ocean views!
5 Line Zip – Our 5-line tour, almost 3 hours long, will leave you smiling for days! While lines 1, 2 and 3 are the same as on the 4-line tour, you’ll head off in a different direction at line 4, zipping down a 1,420-foot line to the base of Piiholo Hill. There a Ranch vehicle is waiting to take you to the top, where you’ll enjoy breathtaking 360-degree views of Maui. Your final zip, as you speed down a line more than half a mile long and at times 600 feet high, is a thrilling grand finale to an awesome experience!
4 or 5 Side by Side – Upcountry Zipline
- Fun for ages 8 & up
- Dramatic ocean and mountain views
- Up to 5 ziplines
- from 42 to 600 feet off ground
- Side-by-side ziplining from towers
- Comfortable seat harnesses
Facts and Requirements:
- Operates: 5 Line zip: Daily: from 9:00 am, 10:00 am, 1:00 pm & 2:00 pm (times may vary), 4 Line zip: Daily at 9:00 am and 2:00 pm (times may vary)
- Departure Point: 799 Piiholo Road, Makawao. Allow about 45 minutes drive time from the Kihei/Wailea area and about 1.5 hours from Lahaina and Kaanapali. Check in 45 minutes prior the tour.
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Check-in Time: 45 minutes prior the tour
- Equipment: State of the Art Ziplines and Rain Gear if needed
- Inclusions: Use of Helmet, Harness and Trolley
- Menu: Light Snacks and Hawaiian Juice or Water
Exclusions: Walk-along Option: the Tree house is the perfect place to take in the sights and relax. Friends and family members not wishing to zip will appreciate the action from the cliff side vantage point built in the trees.
Restrictions: 48 Hour Cancellation associated with cancellation fee (terms and conditions). Minimum age of 8 years old for Zip Tours and Canopy Tours. Age limit is strictly enforced.
Minimum age of 6 years old for Hiking Tours. Guests under 15 years old must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperon on tour. (Chaperon form required.) Guests between 16 and 17 years old must have a parent or guardian present at check-in and sign waiver to participate. Guests must not have neck, back, shoulder, knee, ankle injuries, heart conditions, or recent surgeries. Pregnant women are not allowed to zipline. However, pregnant women may participate in Hiking Tours with doctor approval. Absolutely no jumping at waterfall on Zipline/Waterfall Hike Combo Tour. Guests must be physically and mentally capable of following instructions given by Piiholo Ranch Zipline staff. Guests must not scuba dive within 24 hours before the tour.
- Weight Limitation: Weight restrictions are between 75 lbs and 275 lbs for Zip Tours and between 50 lbs and 250 lbs for Treetop Zip Tours. Weight limits are strictly enforced, and each guest will be weighed at check in. There are no weight restrictions for Hiking Tours.